Dance Dynamics Performing Arts Center
#248-624-0707 March 2012
Walled Lake Schools Parenting Fair
Parent Meeting at Dance Dynamics 3pm for Company Auditions
Performing Class Adjudication Day
@ South Lyon High School (our former recital stage on 11 Mile)
Dance Dynamics Performing Company Auditions 7pm
West Coast Dance Explosion Convention money due
Happy Shamrocks Week – wear your lucky green!
Neon Hip Hop Party 8-9pm at Dance Dynamics
Week of March 19th
Recital Information Books will be ready for Pick Up
Facebook ~ Dance Dynamics Performing Arts Center
It has been so much fun posting class photos and studio happenings on Facebook. Be sure you are getting in on the action by “Liking” us on Facebook. It’s super fun! Dance Dynamics Performing Arts Center.
- Congratulations to all of our dancers in the Variety Show.
- Wow, it was really incredible! Making new friends, performing in the winter, learning new choreography, participating in a full show and learning so much in such little time was truly spectacular.
- Thanks to the parents for allowing your kids to join this celebration! It was a Dream Come True!
Pick up your Recital Information Booklets
- Detailed information booklets will be available the week of March 19th. Everything you need to know will be included.
- May Dance Recital 2012: May 18, 19, 24, 25 & 26
- Rehearsal Dates for Recitals: May 15, 16 & 17
- Use your “yellow sheet” as a guide for your personal schedule! If you have any questions, please ask!
Performing Class Auditions
- Any student who is interested in being placed in a Performing Class next year can show their interest by filling out an application. Teachers will do evaluations during the months of April & May for future placements.
- Application fees are $5.00 to cover the complete evaluation process. Pick up your application at the front desk!
- Our Company auditions are held March 10th.
- The parent meeting is Saturday, March 3rd at 3pm at Dance Dynamics.
- If your child is currently in a Performing Class and Team and they would like to audition for the Company, be sure to get an audition packet at the Welcome Center by March 5th. Company is the highest training level of
Dance Dynamics and is open to all students wanting to rise to the top quality of performance education.
Hip Hop Neon Party
- March 16th 8:00-9:00pm ~ $5.00/person
- Wear bright glow in the dark/neon colors. Bring your friends and show them how we get down!
- Sign up at the front desk or just show up. Dancing, Games and Treats!
Summer Studies at Dance Dynamics
- Lots of awesome opportunities for all ages and interests – all summer long!!!
- See what is available in June, July and August!
- Spend the summer at the Dance Dynamics Performing Arts Center. Enroll now!
Happy Shamrocks Week!
- March 11th-17th ~ don’t forget to wear your green!
- Please remember, dancers will only receive recital costumes if all accounts are current.
- Dancers must be wearing a leotard and tights to class so they can try their costumes on.
The studio will be closed: Sunday, April 1st – Sunday, April 8th.
Studio re-opens on Monday, April 9th
Walled Lake Schools Parenting Education Fair
- The 20th Annual Walled Lake Consolidated Schools Parenting Education Fair is set for Saturday, March 3, 2012 at Walled Lake Northern High School from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Click Here for more info about the event and a preview of Jim Fay
- Our own Dynamic Dancers Performing Company will be performing for the daycare children!
Performing Class, Team and Company Events:
- Workshop & Adjudication: March 10th at South Lyon High School (11mile & Pontiac Trail) 2-8pm
- Dress Rehearsal: April 25 at Walled Lake Western High School stage, 4-8:30pm
- Competition Weekend: April 27, 28 & 29
Pre Dance Classes
- Their special class is Saturday, May 12th. Check your Recital Booklet, which will be handed out mid-March, for exact times. Pre Dance shows are held at Dance Dynamics.
- Pre Dance students also have an opportunity to perform in the stage show on Thursday, May 24th. There will be more information in your Recital Booklet.
- Please remember that all dancers need the correct shoes to perform with their class. If you ordered shoes from us in the fall, then you most likely have the correct shoe.
- Shoes are starting to back order, so get yours on order now!
- Additional shipping fees will apply starting March 1st.
The Super NEW Variety Show is just around the corner! Do you have Your tickets? If not… We have just a few left! Stop in today and be part of something Super Awesome! This show is great for Scout Troops, Birthday Celebrations… Or maybe an early Valentines present!!! Saturday February 11, 2012 @ 4pm. Tickets are just $10 for General Seating, and $15 for preffered seating. So come on join us… We Have A Show To Do!!
Dance Dynamics Performing Arts Center
|January 2nd (Monday)||Classes resume|
|January 7th & 8th||New York City Dance Alliance Convention in Lansing|
|January 15th||Show Fee Balance due for Variety Show|
|January 18th at 6:30pm||Student Choreographers Showcase your work|
|February 4th||Variety Show Rehearsal 4-8pm|
|February 10th||Variety Show Rehearsal 6-8:30pm|
|February 11th||Dance Dynamics Variety Show 4pmat Walled Lake Western High School Auditorium|
Wishing you a Happy New Year!
A note from the Creative Team
- Thank you for being a part of the Dance Dynamics Family and thank you for your dedication. The students are doing so well and we are having fun in class.
- During the month of December we spent time learning most of our recital dances. We will review them in January and then get back to more skills to enhance performances. The energy in the classes is electrifying. Thanks so much for sharing your child with us.
Dance Dynamics Variety Show ~ “We Have A Show To Do” GET TICKETS THIS MONTH!
- Participating families ~ you should have received your ticket information in the mail. Please be sure to turn you ticket order forms in by January 14th for best choices.
- Tickets will be on sale for the general public starting January 16th ~ get yours while they are still available! Show date is February 11th at Walled Lake Western High School. Ticket price $10-$15. Show time: 4:00pm.
- NOTE~ Variety Show optional rehearsal for ensemble cast is on Wednesday, February 8 AT WALLED LAKE WESTERN. Our information states it is at Dance Dynamics. This rehearsal is on the stage at WLW. The Company & Dance Excellence cast comes to this rehearsal at WLW.
Performing Class Dancers
- Don’t forget to order your show shoes. Orders will be taken the month of January. Check the costume photo available in the lobby for correct shoe information or ask!
- Certain classes may also need a wig (check costume sheet in lobby). Orders will need to be placed before February 1st.
- Order shoes & wigs by the end of January to have free shipping.
- There are still a few Dance Conventions left if you would like to participate.
- Important dates:
~Saturday, March 10: Dress rehearsal, workshop & adjudication
~Wednesday, April 25: Full rehearsal from 4-9pm
~April 27-29: All must attend for performance/competition.
~Tuesday, May 15: Recital photos at the theater (not including Saturday Performing Classes)
Mark your NEW 2012 Calendars!
- May Recital dates are: May 18, 19, 24, 25 & 26
- May Rehearsal Dates for Recitals are: May 15, 16 & 17
Recital Class Music
- Students who would like a copy of their recital dance music may put in a request and we will make a CD for you.
- Fill out a request form and turn it in with $1.00 per song. Your CD will be available at least one week later at the Welcome Center. Deadline to order CD’s is April 1st.
A big “THANK YOU”
- To all of the students & families who represented Dance Dynamics over the Holiday Season performing in various shows. Your community spirit is greatly appreciated by all.
- Thank you to all of the wonderful families for their generosity this Holiday season donating to local families & charities. Gifts were taken to the HOSPITALITY HOUSE. Thank you so much!!!! You are awesome!
Studio Snow Days
- We usually do not close! Here is a reminder on how Dance Dynamics handles its snow days.
- If we feel it necessary to close classes, we will email each of our families for that day and post it on Facebook.
- We do not follow the schools’ weather related cancellations. If you cannot come in for a class, you can pick up a Make Up Lesson sheet at the front desk the next time you are in the studio.
- If Dance Dynamics closes for a snow day, a make-up schedule will be set only if your class falls below your 30 lessons in the season. In a better effort to serve all of our families, please refrain from calling the studio so that we can keep the lines open for our outgoing calls. Decisions on closing afternoon classes do not take place until after 3:00PM.
Parking lot tips
- Save Time and drop your dancer off 5-10 minutes before class and pick up 10 minutes after class!
- Please do not drop dancers off in the driveway on the side of the building. Please drive around for safety reasons!
- If traffic backs up… turn right and then left into the library. It’s faster and easier!
- Please be patient in the snow! Classes were designed for a smooth traffic flow. If you are waiting in your car during your dancer’s class time it could help to wait in the parking lot across the street or next door.
Mid Winter Break
The studio will be closed February 19th – 25t
The studio will be closed April 1st – 7th
Dance Dynamics 30th Anniversary Season! It’s A Celebration!